Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kurashiki.












First I'll just apologize for the complete lack of posts recently. Going to try and get caught up on pictures so that way I don't have to try to upload twelve at a time...blogger is super slow. These pictures were all taken my second day in Japan (I know, I know, I've only made it to day two) in a town about 15 minutes, by train, from Okayama. It was so beautiful it was surreal. This part of Kurashiki is mostly for tourists, there are shops and restaurants, but we walked through some lovely neighborhoods as well. As usual, I made a spectacle of myself by taking entirely too many pictures. Check out the gold and red Kitty-chan in front of the one shop. This is why I love Japan.







Most restaurants in Japan have these display cases on the outside. So instead of having pictures on the menu, there are wax replicas. Sometimes cute, sometimes bizarre.


Nice, spacious yard by Japanese standards. You can just barely make out some cute toys in the yard.

No comments: